Cheesy leek & bacon pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300g leek, halved and finely sliced
- 8 rashers smoked streaky bacon, sliced
- 400g pasta shapes (we used penne)
- 100g herb & garlic soft cheese (we used Boursin)
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the leeks and 2 tbsp water, and cook for about 10 mins until very soft. Add the bacon, turn up the heat and fry until cooked.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain and reserve a mug of the cooking water.
- STEP 3
Spoon cheese into the leek and bacon mix, adding some of the reserved cooking water. Season and stir gently over a low heat until melted. Toss through the cooked pasta, adding a little more cooking water, if needed, to help the sauce coat the pasta.