Cheesy garlic bread wedges
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Make 12 wedges
- 85g butter , room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 175g jarlsberg cheese , coarsley grated
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp crushed dried chillies
- 1 round French country loaf, or ciabatta
- STEP 1
Preheat the oven to fan 170C/conventional 190C/ gas 5. Beat the butter and garlic, then mix in the cheese, parsley and chillies. Cut the bread in half crossways through the centre.
- STEP 2
Spread the cheese mixture on the cut sides of both bread halves. Wrap each half loosely in foil and put on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, unwrap the foil and bake a further 10-15 minutes until starting to turn pale golden. Cut into wedges and serve.