Cheesecake bombe with summer fruits
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Takes 35 minutes, plus draining time
- Serves 6 - 8
- 2 x 250g cartons curd or ricotta cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- 1large orange , grated zest
- 500g tub low fat fromage frais
- 600g strawberry
- 250g raspberry
- 150g punnet blueberries or fraises des bois (wild strawberries)
- icing sugar , for dusting
For the sauce
- 350g mixed summer fruits , such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- juice of 1 large orange
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp Crème de Cassis or crème de mûre (blackberry liqueur), optional
- STEP 1
Beat together the cheese, sugar and zest. Fold in the fromage frais. Line a large sieve, colander or two new traditionally shaped terracotta flowerpots (10-12cm across the top) with muslin or a clean Jcloth and spoon in the mixture, pressing it down firmly. Set over a bowl and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight to drain off the liquid and firm up the mixture.
- STEP 2
Tip all the sauce ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth, then press through a sieve. Pour into a serving jug.
- STEP 3
When you're ready to serve, hull the strawberries and halve if large. Mix with the other fruits.
- STEP 4
Turn the cheese out on to one large or two smaller platters and remove the cloth. Surround with the fruit and dust with icing sugar. Serve the sauce in the jug for pouring over each portion.