- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g pkt lean minced beef or lamb
- 250g pkt chestnut mushroom, sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 splashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 x 400g pkts long-life long-life Bacon Brunch potato saute mix or rösti mix
- steamed broccoli or French beans, to serve
Like cabbage and cauliflower, broccoli is a brassica and is sometimes known by its Italian name…
Start the filling. Preheat the grill to high. Heat the oil in a large saucepan until very hot. Tip in the mince (watch out, it will spit at first) followed by the mushrooms. Cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon, until there are no pink bits left. Don’t worry about the juice that comes from the mince and mushrooms, this all adds to the flavour.
Finish the filling. Add the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and crumbled stock cube. Simmer for about 20 minutes until the mixture has thickened. You may not need to season, as the stock is usually salty, but taste and see.
Grill in the dish. Transfer to a shallow flameproof dish and scatter the Bacon Brunch on top. Grill for about 10 minutes until the potato topping is golden and crispy. Serve with broccoli or beans.