Cheat’s chicken ramen
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook: -
- Serves 4
This speedy version of the classic Japanese noodle soup makes a delicious everyday dinner or warming lunch - and it's low in fat and calories too
- 1.2l good-quality chicken stock
- small pack coriander, stalks and leaves separated
- 1 red chilli (deseeded if you don’t like it too hot), sliced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 100g grey oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 100g pack baby pak choi
- 2 skinless cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 100g egg noodles
- 50g sliced bamboo shoots
- STEP 1
Set a large saucepan over a medium heat and pour in the stock. Finely chop the coriander stalks and add to the stock with most of the chilli. Bring to the boil and add 200ml water. Once boiled, reduce the heat and simmer for 5-10 mins to infuse the coriander and chilli.
- STEP 2
Add the soy sauce and a grinding of black pepper, then the mushrooms, pak choi, chicken and noodles. Simmer for 2 mins until the noodles soften, before adding the bamboo shoots.
- STEP 3
Serve in deep bowls topped with coriander leaves and the remaining chilli slices.