Charred asparagus, smoked salmon, shrimp & rye crumb
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 16 thin asparagus spears
- 150g fillet hot-smoked salmon , peeled and flaked
- 1 Granny Smith apple , cut into fine matchsticks
- ½pack watercress , picked
- 2 rye crackers , lightly crushed
- 70g brown shrimp
For the dressing
- 75ml extra virgin rapeseed oil (smoked if you have it)
- 25ml red wine vinegar
- STEP 1
Heat a griddle pan. Char the asparagus for 10 mins, turning occasionally, until lightly burnt and tender. Combine the oil and vinegar to make the dressing.
- STEP 2
Divide the asparagus between four plates. Scatter over the salmon flakes, apple matchsticks, watercress shoots and crumbled rye crackers, then finish with the shrimp. Drizzle over the dressing just before serving.