- 16 thin asparagus spears
- 150g fillet hot-smoked salmon, peeled and flaked
With its delicate, sweet flesh and wide availability, salmon is one of the most popular fish.…
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into fine matchsticks
- ½ pack watercress, picked
With deep green leaves, and crisp, paler stems, watercress is related to mustard and is one of…
- 2 rye crackers, lightly crushed
- 70g brown shrimp
For the dressing
- 75ml extra virgin rapeseed oil (smoked if you have it)
- 25ml red wine vinegar
Heat a griddle pan. Char the asparagus for 10 mins, turning occasionally, until lightly burnt and tender. Combine the oil and vinegar to make the dressing.
Divide the asparagus between four plates. Scatter over the salmon flakes, apple matchsticks, watercress shoots and crumbled rye crackers, then finish with the shrimp. Drizzle over the dressing just before serving.
AsparagusYou can griddle sprue asparagus (the thin first pickings) from raw, but if the spears you buy are thicker, boil them first for a minute, then refresh in cold water before griddling.