Caprese salad with quinoa
- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 4 as a side or 2 as a main
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 x 150g cans
- 60g baby spinach , shredded
- ½ cucumber , diced
- small bunch of basil , leaves torn
- 125g buffalo mozzarella , drained and sliced
- 3 large vine tomatoes , at room temperature, sliced
- STEP 1
Whisk the oil and vinegar with some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Tip the quinoa into another bowl, stir in the spinach, cucumber and half the basil. Mix in half the dressing and tip onto a serving platter.
- STEP 2
Top the salad with the mozzarella, tomatoes and remaining basil leaves. Grind over some black pepper and drizzle with the rest of the dressing.