Butter bean pâté with melba toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped
- 400g can butter bean , drained
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley , plus sprigs to garnish
- 4 thin slices white bread
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a pan, then gently cook the shallot and garlic for 5 mins until softened. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the butter beans, then mash together until roughly puréed. Stir in the soured cream, parsley and seasoning. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, place the slices of bread under a medium grill and gently toast on both sides until light golden. Cut off the crusts and, using a long, sharp knife, split the bread in half, through the centre. Place the bread, untoasted-side up, under a low grill until it curls into a crisp, golden shell. Serve with the butter bean pâté and a sprig of parsley.