Broad bean, pea & orzo salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6 - 8
- 375g orzo or small pasta shapes
- 250g pea , fresh or frozen
- 250g podded broad bean , fresh or frozen
- 140g half-fat soured cream
- zest 1 lemon , plus 2 tbsp juice
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan , or vegetarian alternative
- small handful basil , torn
- STEP 1
Cook pasta following pack instructions, then drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again. Cook the peas and beans in another pan of boiling water for 3 mins, before draining and cooling. Peel the beans, if you have time, and stir the vegetables through the pasta.
- STEP 2
Mix the soured cream, lemon juice and Parmesan, and season. Mix through the pasta then, just before serving, scatter with the lemon zest and basil.