Beef & bean hotpot
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
- 750g lean minced beef
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 large onions , roughly chopped
- 450g carrots , peeled and thickly sliced
- 1.25kg/2lb 12oz potato , peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2g cans baked beans
- Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco sauce , to taste
- large handful of parsley , roughly chopped
- STEP 1
Heat a large non-stick pan, add the beef then fry over a medium-high heat until browned, stirring often and breaking up any lumps with a spoon. Crumble in the stock cube and mix well.
- STEP 2
Add the vegetables, stir to mix with the beef and pour in enough boiling water (about 1.3 litres) to cover. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and stir well. Cover the pan and simmer gently for about 30 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
- STEP 3
Tip in the baked beans, sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco to taste, stir well and heat through. Taste for seasoning and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with extra Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco, for those who like a peppery hot taste.