Beany pasta pot
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 1 large apple , cored and chopped
- 410g tin chopped tomatoes with garlic and herbs
- 300ml carton passata
- 290g tin borlotti beans , drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp red pesto
- 300g leftover cooked pasta or 220g pack ready-to-use pasta
- STEP 1
Heat oil in a pan and gently fry the onion for 3 mins. Stir in the apple and cook for 2-3 mins until both have softened. Stir in tomatoes, passata and beans.
- STEP 2
Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 10 mins. Stir in the pesto and pasta, mixing well until the pasta is heated through. Serve in bowls with crusty bread.