Banana ice sundaes with fudge sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus freezing
- Serves 4
- 4 ripe bananas
- 500ml Provamel Yofu soya yogurt
- 50g golden caster sugar
- small handful pecan pieces, toasted and broken, to serve
For the fudge sauce
- 50g/2oz dairy-free spread (such as Pure of Vitaquell)
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 8 tbsp Provamel Soya Dream soya cream
- STEP 1
Slice two bananas into a blender or food processor and blitz with the Yofu and sugar for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- STEP 2
Churn in an ice cream maker until it begins to thicken - 10-15 minutes. Or freeze in a shallow container, whisking every 1-2 hours to break up ice crystals.
- STEP 3
To make the sauce, melt the spread, add the sugar and syrup and cook gently until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the Soya Dream and boil for 2-3 minutes to make a sticky sauce. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- STEP 4
To serve, layer the banana ice in four glasses with slices of the remaining bananas and sauce, then top with drizzles of sauce and a few pecans.