Baked artichoke dip
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
- 400g round cob loaf
- 2 x 390g tins artichoke hearts , drained
- 140g light mayonnaise
- 140g parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
- two pinches of garlic salt
- small bunch chives , finely chopped
- extra crusty bread chunks, crackers or crunchy tortillas, to serve
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Slice the top off and hollow out the loaf. Break the artichoke hearts into chunks, place in a bowl with the mayonnaise, Parmesan, garlic salt and a good grinding of black pepper, then mix well.
- STEP 2
Fill the hollowed-out loaf with the artichoke mixture. Pop the lid back on, wrap the loaf in foil, then bake for 20 mins. Remove the foil and give the mixture a stir, then rewrap and return to the oven for a further 45-50 mins or until the filling is piping hot.
- STEP 3
Remove from the oven, scatter over the chives and dive in.