- 3 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 250g chestnut mushroom, sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 red peppers, finely chopped
- half a red onion, finely chopped
- 400g can lentil, drained and rinsed
The lentil plant (Lens Culinaris) originates from Asia and North Africa and is one of our oldest…
- 2-3 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated
- 100g goat's cheese, crumbled
Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then quickly fry the mushrooms until just starting to soften. Remove from the heat, then stir in the remaining oil with the vinegar and mustard. Stir well until mixed, then add the peppers, onion and lentils and mix well again.
Arrange the leaves over 4 plates. Spoon the lentil salad over the top, add the goat’s cheese and serve.