Member recipe by haddockinthekitchen
Savoury pancakes with a subtle sweetness and soft texture added by the corn.
- 120 ML MILK - ANY KIND
- 1 EGG
- 50G SELF RAISING FLOUR
- 150G OF TINNED SWEETCORN
- OIL AND BUTTER FOR FRYING
- SALT TO TASTE - NO PEPPER!
- Put sweetcorn in a liquidiser or processor and blend until only a few kernels are still visible
- Add in all other ingredients and blend until a batter is formed. This will take a maximum of 20 seconds.
- Take a solid based frying pan and warm a dab of butter and your chosen oil to lightly cover the base. Heat pan gently until a small drop of the batter gently sizzles when it hits the oil and butter.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of mixture into the pan per pancake, and allow to fry gently for about 3 minutes.
- Carefully turn them over, as the pancakes are very soft and the uncooked tops tend to spill into the oil.. Cook for the same time on the other side. The ideal colouring is a golden brown - limit the butter added to a minimum for flavour only, as too much will foam and result in the pancakes burning.
- Keep the cooked pancakes in a clean tea cloth while the others are cooking. Serve warm