- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
Part of the lily, or alium, family, of which onions are also a member, garlic is one of the most…
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- juice 1 lime
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 tbsp rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- watermelon wedge, deseeded and diced
Thought to have originated in Africa, watermelons are distinct from musk melons such as…
- 1 avocado, diced
Although it's technically a fruit, the mild-flavoured avocado is used as a vegetable. Native…
- small bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 200g cooked tiger prawns, defrosted if frozen
Put the onion in a medium bowl with the garlic, chilli, lime juice, vinegar, sugar and some seasoning. Leave to marinate for 10 mins.
Add the watermelon, avocado, coriander and prawns, then toss gently to serve.