30 minute chicken & tarragon pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
- 250g dried pasta , such as tagliatelle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets , cut into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 142ml carton single cream
- 3-4 tbsp roughly chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 100g spinach leaves, thick stems removed
- lemon wedges, to serve
- STEP 1
Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8-10 minutes, or according to packet instructions, until just tender.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, heat the oil and fry the chicken over a high heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring, until golden and cooked. Add the garlic, cream, tarragon and 3 tbsp of the pasta cooking liquid. Gently heat through.
- STEP 3
When the pasta is cooked, stir in the spinach (it will immediately wilt in the hot water). Drain well, then toss into the creamy chicken. Season with salt and pepper and serve with lemon for squeezing.