- 2 salmon fillets (about 125g/4½oz each)
- 1 tbsp Creole or Cajun seasoning mix
- 100g/ 4oz basmati rice
- 400g can black-eyed beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
The same shape, but smaller than…
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
Heat the grill to hot. Roll the salmon in the Creole seasoning to cover. Cook the basmati rice following pack instructions, adding the black-eyed beans for the final 2 mins of cooking. Drain, place back in the pot and cover with a lid.
Grill the salmon fillets for about 8 mins without turning. While they cook, mix together the pepper sauce, honey and lime juice. Stir the coriander through the rice, drizzle the sauce over the salmon, scatter with extra coriander leaves, and serve with the lime wedges.