Onion Poha(Flattened rice)
Member recipe by priyeshtungare
- 150g Poha(Flattened rice)
- 1 Onion cut into thin slices
- 1 Potato, boiled and cut into small cubes
- 3 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt as required
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, green chillies and ginger garlic paste and cook for 2-3 mins. Add onion and cook for 5-6 mins until the onion is light golden. Add Turmeric powder, Salt and mix nicely with the onions and spices.
- Add boiled potatoes and cook the potatoes for 5 mins. Till the potatoes get cooked, soak the Poha(Flattened rice) in water. Make sure u don't soak very long time. Just add 2-3 tsp of water for 150g of Poha. Mix well and remove the excess water if any.
- Add the Poha to the pan, and mix well with rest of the mixture. Add sugar and cook for further 3-4 mins.
- Remove from heat and serve sprinkled with chopped coriander and grated coconut, if needed.