- 4 x 250g packs softened butter, plus extra for greasing
Butter is made when lactic-acid producing bacteria are added to cream and churned to make an…
- 4 x 280g/10oz self-raising flour
- 4 x 250g/9oz caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
Baking powder is a raising agent that is commonly used in cake-making. It is made from an alkali…
- 16 large eggs
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- 4 x 150ml pots natural yogurt
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- jar each lemon curt, seedless raspberry jam and lime marmalade
- 4 x 140g desiccated coconut
- 131g bag of love hears and 60 x roughly 10cm squares of pretty paper
Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm baking or roasting tin with baking parchment. Beat 250g butter, 280g flour, 250g sugar, ¼ tsp baking powder, 4 eggs, a pot of yogurt and 1 tsp vanilla together with an electric whisk until lump-free. Spoon into tin and bake for 25 mins until a skewer poked in comes out clean. Repeat three more times to make 4 sponges. Cool on wire racks. Sponges can be wrapped well in cling film and frozen for up to a month.
Trim edges off each sponge, then cut each into 15 x roughly 5cm squares. Warm jam and marmalade until runny, sieving the marmalade of its bits. Tip the coconut onto a tray. Brush each square on the top and sides with either curd, jam or marmalade – then dip into coconut. Can be made the day before and stored in airtight containers. Top with love hearts and sit on squares of coloured paper before the wedding.