- 250g brown basmati rice
- 2 heaped tsp turmeric
- 5 tsp medium curry powder
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 6 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts (about 500g/1lb 2oz), cut into chunks
- 8 medium tomatoes, halved
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- ½ small bunch coriander, leaves picked
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the rice in a saucepan with 600ml water, 1 heaped tsp turmeric, 1 tsp curry powder and some salt. Bring to the boil, stir, cover, turn heat to low and cook for 30 mins, or until tender. Try not to take the lid off during cooking. Remove from heat and leave covered for 5 mins. Add the almonds, and fluff with a fork.
Meanwhile, mix 2 tsp curry powder, the remaining turmeric, 2 tbsp yogurt and seasoning. Add chicken and toss to coat.
Toss the tomatoes and onions in a roasting tray with the rest of the curry powder, then nestle in the chicken pieces. Bake for 15-20 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the veg are soft. Scatter over the coriander and serve with the rice and remaining yogurt.