Broad Bean and Asparagus Salad
Member recipe by roobarb100
The simple salad is a showcase of spring's welcome first harvest. 689 kilojoules, 10g protein, 11g total fat, 5g carbs, 6g fibre, 244mg sodium - per serve
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 300g shelled broad beans
- 300g shelled peas
- 1 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60m) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 1 handful of rocket
- 1 cup (80g) shaved parmesan cheese
- Blanch asparagus by droppping spears into boiling, salted water for 1 minute. Remove with tongs and refresh under cold running water.
- Add broad beans to boiling water, cook for 2 minutes, drain and refresh. Remove and slip of skins.
- Add peas to boiling water, cook for 2 minutes, drain and refresh under cold water and drain again.
- Pat asparagus, broad beans and peas dry with paper towel and arrange on a serving platter.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a jar. Season with salt and pepper and shage well.
- Toss dressing over salad and mix through basil, mint and rocket. Top with parmesan cheese to serve.