- 400g penne
- 290g jar roasted red pepper, drained
- large handful flat-leaf parsley, plus a few chopped leaves to garnish
- 75g unsalted cashew
The seeds from the 'Cashew Apple' - a tree which bears bright orange fruit and is native…
- 1 large garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, put the peppers, parsley, nuts, garlic and olive oil in a small food processor or mini chopper, and whizz to a pesto consistency. Season and mix in the Parmesan.
Drain the pasta and return to the pan with the pesto. Stir and gently heat for 1 min, then sprinkle with a little more chopped parsley and serve.
Roasted red pepper & parsley pesto with penneTry using blanched almonds instead of the cashew nuts, or for a Greek-inspired twist, replace the Parmesan with feta.