Points to remember
- Put the biscuits into a strong, clean plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Stir through the melted butter evenly.
- Alternatively, use a food processor to pulse the biscuits to a breadcrumb consistency, pour in the melted butter and combine well.
- Pour the crumbs into a loose-bottomed tin and smooth around with the back of a spoon. You can use a straight-sided glass to press in the crumbs and get an even finish.
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour to set the butter before removing from the tin.
- Release the biscuit base from the tin by balancing it on a steady glass and easing down the sides. You can now add your filling. Chill again, if necessary, and serve.