- 2 slices white bread
- 8 large ripe tomato, roughly chopped
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 3 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2-3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 boiled egg, finely chopped
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 50g Serrano ham, chopped
- ½ green pepper, finely sliced
Soak the bread in a shallow dish of water for 30 secs on each side. Whizz together the soaked bread, tomatoes, green pepper, garlic and olive oil in a food processor. Add 2 tbsp cider vinegar, a large pinch of salt and 100ml water, then mix again to a smooth soup consistency, adding a little more water if it is too thick. Check the seasoning and add more salt, vinegar or olive oil to taste.
Chill the soup for at least 1 hr, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Top with the egg, onion, ham and green pepper.