- ½ quantity pizza dough (see Basic pizza dough recipe in 'goes well with', right), divided into 2 balls
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
Like Marmite, fennel is something that you either love or hate - its strong aniseed flavour…
- 10 large raw peeled prawn
There are thousands of different species of prawn, but tiger, king and North Atlantic are the…
- zest 1 lemon
Oval in shape, with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile fruits…
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 100g firm mozzarella, cut into 2cm cubes
- 100g pecorino, coarsely grated
- 10 cherry tomato, halved if large
- 1 heaped tsp tiny capers
Capers are the small flower buds of the Capparis shrub, which grows in the Mediterranean. As…
- 2 handfuls shredded radicchio
An Italian relative of chicory, radicchio is a forced crop and has distinctive red and white…
Prepare the dough following the instructions in Basic pizza dough recipe in 'goes well with', right.
In a shallow bowl, mix the fennel, prawns, lemon zest, chilli flakes and oil. Season and cook on your barbecue or griddle pan, turning once, until grill marks appear. Cook one side of the pizzas.
Top the cooked side of the pizzas with both cheeses, the fennel-prawn mix, cherry tomatoes and capers. Grill until the cheese is melted. Top with the radicchio and serve.