Cheese And Potato Pie
Member recipe by pupsiecola
A very versatile family meal using mashed potato, cheese, sweetcorn and peas.
- 1kg potatos, cooked and mashed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 125g sweetcorn (canned or frozen and defrosted)
- 125g frozen peas, defrosted
- 175g cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to Gas 5/190 C/Fan 170 C. Put the mashed potato in a bowl, mix in onion and season.
- Stir in the sweetcorn, peas and half the cheese. Place the mixture in a large ovenproof dish.
- Scatter the bacon (optional) and remaining cheese on top and cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
- If cooking from frozen increase cooking time to 60 minutes.
- Serve with sausages, beans, carrots, cauliflower, salad - take your pick!! Also try the pie with tuna or chopped ham, tomatoes and chives.
- PICTURE TO FOLLOW
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…