Breakfast Biscuits and Gravy
Member recipe by ribeyeguy
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 42g Butter
- 113 ml Buttermilk
- 500g High Quality Pork Mince
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Rubbed Sage
- 1/4 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 5 grates of Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Hot Paprika
- 60g Butter
- 2 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 2 rashers Smoked Streaky Bacon
- Biscuits: Combine and sift dry ingredients. Gently knead in the butter. Add buttermilk and knead on a floured board. Knead gently and sparingly.
- Form a flat mass about 1 1/2 cm high. Cut biscuit rounds with a largish water glass.
- Bake in 200° C preheated oven on parchment paper on a baking tray for 10 mins or until a middle brown colour.
- Saute the Pork mince with 30g of the butter in a small frying pan; add the herbs and spices. Grill the bacon until crispy.
- Take the mince from the frying pan. Make a roux in the frying pan (don't clean it!) using the rest of the butter, the plain flour and the milk. Whisk continuously. It will take about three to four minutes. Make sure all the flour has had time to cook.
- Add the mince to the roux and mix well. Chop the bacon into crumbs and add to the mince/roux.
- Halve the biscuits and pour the gravy onto them. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…