Cheese on Toast
Member recipe by robcanty
- 1 slice of bread - brown or white - i prefer white
- 1 slice of bland cheese - i go for Tesco value extra mild - really cheap!
- a bit of butter
- put the bread in the toaster
- slice some bland cheese
- when bread has turned into toast (check for a hard toasted surface to the bread) thickly spread some of the butter on it
- whack the cheese on top and throw it under the grill for a while
- withdraw from under the grill when the cheese has started to melt and bubble a little and eat whilst watching the football on TV with a can of Stella
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…