Pork Chops in Tomato & Chorizo
Member recipe by kasia_bauly
- 2 Pork chops
- 150g Chorizo (diced)
- 300g/ 1 tin Tomatoes
- 1 small onion, halved
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, peeled + left whole
- 30g unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pour tinned tomatoes into saucepan and chop small. (I use scissors for a more rustic look once cooked)
- Peel and half a small onion and add place into saucepan. Peel garlic cloves and add to saucepan whole. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Leave to simmer gently for 20 minutes before beginning on pork.
- Roast pork chops in oven at 200c for around 25-30 minutes.
- Pan fry the chorizo in 10g of butter for 3-5 minutes. Remove the garlic and onion from the sauce and add the chorizo + pan juices. Add the remaining butter and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon thick sauce over the pork chops and serve with potatoes or veg of your choice.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…