- 1⁄2 romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tomato, chopped into chunks
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- 50g blue cheese
- 2 steak, sirloin or rump, both work nicely
Steak is essentially a boneless thick or thin slice of red meat, cut across the grain of a large…
- 4 small slices rustic white bread - sourdough is perfect
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3 tbsp bought mustard dressing, or make your own (see below)
Mix the lettuce, onion, tomato and blue cheese together in a bowl and set aside.
Heat a griddle or barbecue until hot. Season the steaks with a little salt and generously with pepper, then cook for 2 mins on each side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking. Remove the steaks to a plate to rest for a few mins. Meanwhile, toast the bread on the griddle or barbecue until crisp on both sides, then rub well with the garlic. Toss the salad with the mustard dressing and serve alongside the steak and warm, garlicky bread.