Member recipe by campodifragole
ServingsServes 1 - 10
I love crumpets, the texuture is fantastic and the taste even better. They are delicious just with butter and even more topped with cheese melted under the grill for a few minutes.
- 3 - 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 - 1/2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda dissolved in 1/4 cup warm water
- In a bowl stir together yeast and water. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Add warm milk, butter, salt and sugar. Add the flour and stir until the batter become smooth. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir in soda dissolved in water, leave to rise 20 to 30 minutes.
- Grease griddle and heat over medium-low heat. Drop batter into crumpets rings. Reduce heat to low, cover griddle and cook crumpets until tops look dry, about 10 minutes.
- Flip them over and cook for a couple of minutes. Serve toasted with butter or with cheese melted under the grill
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…