CYPRUS POTATO SALAD
Member recipe by mustardcomms
Try Warm Cyprus Potato and Tomato Salad with Feta and Oregano for a classic taste of the Mediterranean
- 4 large Cypriot potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1Â.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g can of chopped tomatoes
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh oregano or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 250g (8oz) baby spinach
- 100g (3.5 oz) feta cheese
- Place the potatoes in a pan and cover with salted water then bring to the boil and simmer for four minutes until tender then drain and cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the potatoes until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside
- Fry the onions, garlic and spices until lightly golden.
- Place the potatoes back in the pan with the onions and add the tomatoes. Cook on a high heat to reduce the tomatoes slightly for about 3 minutes then add the spinach. Remove from the heat straight away and gently toss the spinach so that it just wilts then add the vinegar and some of the chopped oregano or parsley.
- Pour into a serving dish then crumble the feta cheese on top, sprinkle some olive oil, black pepper and more fresh herbs Serve with some crusty bread.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…