- 3 tbsp soured cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp creamed horseradish
- 500g left-over boiled potatoes - new or regular is fine
The world's favourite root vegetable, the potato comes in innumerable varieties. A member of…
- small bunch of chives, snipped
- 6 slices of ham (use your favourite), torn
- 130g bag of herb salad
- 250g pack of cooked beetroot, quartered if large
A favourite in 1970's British salads (served cooked and pickled in vinegar), beetroot is a…
Mix the soured cream or yogurt and creamed horseradish with 2 tbsp water to make a dressing the thickness of single cream. Mix the rest of the ingredients together on a platter or in a bowl, then drizzle with the dressing before you serve.
Make it beefy
This salad works brilliantly with beef, too – use sliced roast beef from the deli counter or seared steaks, if you’ve got the barbecue out.
Make it lower fat
Mix the creamed horseradish with low-fat natural yogurt and add a pinch of sugar or a drizzle of honey to balance the flavours.