Member recipe by paulc007
German Sauce. The best Schnell-Imbisse (fast-food stalls) make their own currywurst sauce, essentially a curry powder ÃÂflavored ketchup.
- Add 1 finely chopped large yellow onion.
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp. hot paprika
- 1 can 400g whole peeled canned tomatoes crushed
- half cup sugar
- quarter cup red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp. canola oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 finely chopped large yellow onion; cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp. curry powder and 1 tbsp. hot paprika; cook for 1 minute more.
- Using hands, crush 1 can 400g whole peeled canned tomatoes (with juice) into pan.
- Add half cup sugar, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, and salt to taste; stir well. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 25 minutes
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…