Shao-hsing Chicken Roll
Member recipe by cutie_witch
a simple recipe for marinated chicken thighs in Shao-hsing wine served as a cold platter
- ingredients for 4 people
- 4 chicken thighs, deboned but with skin on
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 slices of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 50ml of Shao-hsing wine
- Extra 1 spring onion, shredded long-ways for garnish
- Prepare the marinate sauce by mixing well spring onions, ginger, garlic, and Shao-hsing wine. Then, salt to taste.
- Marinate the deboned thighs overnight or at least 4 hours. The longer, the better. Chicken thighs, then, can absorb the fragrance of both herbs and Shao-hsing wine.
- Drain chicken thighs. Then wrap them tight in a slice of big square cling film. Fix the chicken thighs in the shape of rolls with rubber bands.
- Steam or poach the chicken rolls with boiling water for around 12 minutes and immediately put them into iced cold water to stop them cooking.
- When cool, drain the chicken rolls from iced water and refrigerate them for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Take off the cling film and slice the chicken rolls. Meanwhile, heat the Shao-hsing marinate in a small saucepan.
- Plate up and pour heated marinate on sliced Shao-hsing chicken rolls; garnish with some shredded spring onions. Done.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…