Baked Pesto Chicken Breasts
Member recipe by sweetunique
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 to 8 tablespoons red or green pesto
- 150 to 200g grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line a baking dish with parchment or foil.
- Take the chicken breasts and smother them in the pesto on all sides. Use 4 to 8 spoonfuls of pesto, depending on your taste. Also season the chicken with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place the chicken breasts in the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. At 30 minutes, quickly take the chicken breasts out of the oven and sprinkle with half the mozzarella, then with chopped tomato, followed by fresh chopped herbs then the remainder of the Mozzarella.
- Place the chicken back in the oven and cook a further 20 to 25 minutes, until the chicken is done and no longer pink, and the cheese is melted.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…