Andalusian Courgette Tortilla
Member recipe by louise_fro
A tasty alternative to the traditional Spanish omelette, this is a quick and easy lunch for dinner for tired mums during the festive period
- 600 g courgettes, sliced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 350 g cherry tomatoes (on the vine)
- 6 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan add the courgettes and fry till brown. Season with salt and pepper. Heat another tablespoon of oil and saute the spring onions. Keep one tablespoon of chopped spring onions back for garnish.
- Place the tomatoes on the vine in an ovenproof dish. Drizzle with one tablespoon of oil and bake it for 10-12 minutes until they start to burst. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk eggs with salt and pepper and add the courgettes and the spring onions. Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan (ovenproof handle), place the egg mix in the pan and fry it for 3 minutes. Place the pan in the oven and bake the tortilla for 5-7 minutes. Place the tortilla on a plate and slice it. Top it with the chopped spring onions and pepper. Serve with the roast tomatoes.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…