Savoury marrow bake
Member recipe by tdgreenhalgh
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 eggs
- 125ml olive or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 450g grated marrow, squeezed dry
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, Parmesan cheese, parsley, oregano and basil. Beat together the eggs, oil and onion; fold into dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in marrow.
- Turn into a greased 20x30cm baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cut into squares.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…