Quick Lamb Tagine
Member recipe by hayleylongdin
A quick and simple recipe using a range of store-cupboard essentials.
- 350g lamb fillet, sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 410g can prunes, drained and stoned
- 250g cous cous
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Ras el Hanout or Moroccan Spice Blend
- 400ml boiling water
- Juice and rind of a lemon
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Heat one Tbsp of oil in a large pan. Add the lamb and stir-fry for three minutes.
- Add the spice blend to the lamb and fry for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes, bring the pan to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, or until the lamb is tender.
- Stir in the prunes and simmer for a further five minutes
- Meanwhile, prepare the cous cous by placing in a large heatproof bowl with the boiling water and one Tbsp of oil.
- Cover with cling film and allow the cous cous to stand for five minutes.
- Remove cling film and then add lemon rind and juice, mint and salt. Fork through the cous cous and serve immediately with the lamb.