Member recipe by bestchefcheltenham
- Strawberries, 225g
- Double Cream, a medium pot
- 1/2 lemon
- Icing Sugar, to taste
- Wash and remove the stalks from the strawberries. If you picked the strawberries yourself, the fluffy hull would lift out as you pull of the stalk. Place the hulled strawberries in one of the bowls.
- Crush the strawberries with a potato masher until you have a lumpy puree. If there is too much liquid, strain some away. This stops the fool from getting too runny.
- Whip the cream in the other bowl with the rotary whisk until, when you lift up the whisk, the cream forms little mountain peeks.
- Using a tablespoon, fold the crushed strawberries into the bowl of cream, using the spoon like a paddle, until the strawberries are all completely folded in and there is no more white cream. Add a squeeze of lemon juice, to taste.
- How much icing sugar you need, depends on how sweet you like it. Sift in a little, heaped spoonful at a time, folding it in well. Keep tasting the mixture, until it is just right.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…