- 2 onion, quartered
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 3 fat garlic clove
- 3cm/¼in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp moglai (medium) curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
Turmeric is a fragrant, bright golden-yellow root that is most commonly seen and used dried and…
- 2 tsp paprika
A spice that's central to Hungarian cuisine, paprika is made by drying a particular type of…
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and roughly chopped
- 20g packet fresh coriander
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 425ml/¾ pint boiling water
- 4 skinless boneless chicken fillet (about 500g/1lb 2oz total weight), cubed
- 410g can chickpea, drained and rinsed
- natural low-fat yogurt, basmati rice, naan bread or grilled poppadums, to serve
Yogurt is made by adding a number of types of harmless bacteria to milk, causing it to ferment.…
Tip the onions, garlic, ginger, ground spices, chilli and half the coriander into a food processor. Add 1 teaspoon salt and blend to a purée. Tip the mixture into a medium saucepan and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Crumble in the stock cube, add the boiling water and return to the boil. Add the chicken, stir, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender.
Chop the remaining coriander, reserve 2 tablespoons, then stir the remainder into the curry with the chickpeas. Heat through and divide between four bowls. Sprinkle with the reserved coriander and spoon over the yogurt, then serve with basmati rice, naan bread or poppadums.