Member recipe by amy09x
ServingsServes 1 - 14 Cakes
Cute little cakes shaped like butterfly wings. Expect these to fly off the plate!
- 113g butter or margarine, softened
- 113g caster sugar
- 113g self raising flour
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- BUTTER ICING
- 56g butter, softened
- 113g sieved icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 190 C or 375 F
- Cream butter or margarine with sugar until light, fluffy and pale in colour. By hand is best but a hand whisk is fine too!
- Beat the eggs and add them bit by bit with spoons of sifted flour. Bit by bit ensures the mixture does not curdle. Gently fold in an any flour left over when the egg is used up.
- Add the vanilla or any other flavourings desired and half fill the paper cases with the mixture and bake for about 15 minutes until risen and firm but not too dark.
- Leave the cakes to cool then cut a slice from the top of each cake and cut this in half.
- Place some of the butter icing on top of the cake then arrange the 'wings' how you want them.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…