Awfully Good Waffles
Member recipe by tipsy1
A really good recipe for delicious light waffles, specially for electric waffle makers.
- 250g Flour (plain)
- 7g Baking powder
- 20g Caster sugar
- 5g Salt
- 475ml Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 30ml Vegetable oil
- Weigh all the dry ingredients, place in a large mixing bowl. Break the eggs into the milk and beat the mixture.
- Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients. Add the oil and mix all ingredients together until all the large lumps have been broken up. Do not over mix otherwise the waffles will be heavy when cooked.
- Pre heat the waffle maker and spray with oil (1 cal spray works well).
- Pour 3/4 of a cup of batter into the waffle maker and cook for 3-4 mins or until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve hot with maple syrup. Also good served with sliced banana or blueberries.
- Cooked waffles can be frozen and heated up in the toaster. Unused batter mixture can be kept in a container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…