Member recipe by tinchen
- 75g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g porridge oats
- 75g sugar
- 75g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Mix in baking powder, porridge oats and sugar.
- Melt butter, syrup and milk in a saucepan or in the microwave and stir until heated through.
- Add to the premixed dry ingredients. Mix well combined.
- Spoon onto a baking tray and shape into rounds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…