Grandma's Ginger Biscuits
Member recipe by autumncrocus
ServingsServes 1 - 25 Biscuits
Small delicious biscuits with a mild ginger flavour. Tend to disappear quite quickly.
- 110g butter
- 1 egg
- 225g self raising flour
- 225g sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2.
- Melt the butter, and mix in the beaten egg. (margarine can be used instead of the butter, but they do lose some of the melt in the mouth quality).
- Mix together the dry ingredients, and then add the butter/egg mix. Make sure these mix thoroughly, it may be necessary to use your hands.
- Shape the resulting dough into small balls roughly 2cm across.
- Place WELL APPART on a thoroughly greased tray, (About 6 on an average sized tray) and bake for 20-25 mins. (If they are still a bit pale after this, turn the oven up a fraction to brown them slightly).
- Leave to cool completely on the tray.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…