Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes Based on how hungry you are
This is a very easy, quick and satisfy breakfast or lunch that me and son love, I've never really like eggs or using eggs, but i took a chance and started to cook out of my comfort zone, and as my son is a very fussy eater, its good to get some thing tasty and good for him in his belly.
- Eggs (1 per slice of bread used)
- Sliced bread, thicker the better.
- Salt and Pepper, pinch to taste.
- Virgin Olive Oil
- 10g Butter, melted
- STEP 1Crack the eggs into a small mixing bowl, remembering to have 1 egg to each slice of bread to be cooked, i normally use 3 eggs as i have 2 slices and my son has 1. Also add the melted butter to bowl and a pinch of Salt and Pepper, then beat.
- STEP 2Layer the bottom of a frying pan with the Olive Oil and put onto a low heat. Place the slices of bread into a lipped tray and evenly pour the egg mixture over the slices, flip the slices several times to ensure that every bit of the bread is covered.
- STEP 3This part can be troublesome, the bread will be soggy and can break in your hands, be careful. Transfer the slices into the pan, being careful not to splash any hot oil. Continue to cook on a low heat for 2 minutes, flip and cook until golden brown.
- STEP 4Transfer onto a plate and season to taste, my son enjoys it with HP sauce, but with just a little pepper, they are just as good.