Choccie Orange Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 Cookies
Some people will associate the flavour combination of chocolate orange with Christmas. However in my mind, it's a combination that cannot be restricted to the holiday season. These cookies are deliciously chocolatey and have a lovely warmth of orange running through.
- 100g Butter (softened)
- 150g Light Brown Sugar
- 1tbs Orange Essence (I like it orangey!)
- 1 Egg
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 40g Cocoa Powder (the good stuff)
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
- 150g Chopped Chocolate (I used a combination of dark chocolate with orange and dark chocolate 70%)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180c/350f.
- STEP 2In a bowl, mix the butter and sugar until well combined and light.
- STEP 3Now add the orange essence and egg.
- STEP 4Weigh out the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl.
- STEP 5Sieve the dry ingredients a little at a time into the wet and mix until well combined.
- STEP 6Fold in your chopped chocolate pieces.
- STEP 7Spoon the mixture onto a baking sheet on a baking tray. I used a large dollop tablespoon for each cookie.
- STEP 8Bake for 12 minutes, then remove and allow to cook on a wire rack.