Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Lester’s Poppy Seed Bread Rolls
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Fantastically easy bread roll for everyone
- 500g Strong white bread flour
- 7g dried yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 300ml Tepid Water
- STEP 1I use a Kenwood KMIX stand mixer for this. Add the flour to the bowl, put the yeast and salt on opposite sides and then add the other dry ingredients.
- STEP 2Using the dough hook start the mixer on very slow and add the olive oil and water. Turn the speed up slowly to 3.5 and mix for 7-8 mins.
- STEP 3Once it looks smooth and silky put it into a well-oiled bowl and cover for about 2 hrs until it has doubled in size.
- STEP 4Knock back the dough by kneading the air out of it. Divide it into 8 and make round rolls. Place them on a lined baking sheet, cover and prove for 1 hr until doubled in size.
- STEP 5Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas 7. Glaze with a beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake for 15 – 20 mins until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.