Butternut Squash Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Butternut squash soup
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 large white onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- A good glug of olive oil
- 1.5 litres veg stock
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- STEP 2Peel and chop everything. Don't worry about chopping things too big or small as it will all be whizzed up in a blender.
- STEP 3Cover the chopped veg with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Tip into a large roasting pan or 2. Do not overcrowd.
- STEP 4Roast in the oven for 40–45 minutes, or until tender and tinged brown.
- STEP 5If you want to add honey or ginger to so at this point. Otherwise go straight to pouring the stock into a large saucepan or bowl.
- STEP 6Add the roasted veg to the stock. Remove the saucepan from the heat and, using a hand blender, blend the mixture until smooth. Return to the heat to warm through and serve hot with crusty bread